What are the most important tips for flood safety?
Avoid driving through flooded areas and standing water. As little as six inches of water can cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Do not drink flood water, or use it to wash dishes, brush teeth, or wash/prepare food. Drink clean, safe water.
What are 3 ways floods can be controlled?
These methods include planting vegetation to retain excess water, terrace slopes to reduce slope flow, building alluviums (man-made channels to divert water from flooding), and constructing of dykes, dams, reservoirs, or holding tanks to store extra water during flood periods.
How can you protect yourself during heavy floods?
Do not walk, swim or drive through flood water. Even six inches of water can also make you lose control. Stay away from wet electrical equipment, you run the risk of electrocution! Stay off bridges or fast-running water.
What do people do during floods?
Get to Higher Ground: If you live in a flood-prone area or are camping in a low-lying area, get to higher ground immediately. Obey Evacuation Orders: If told to evacuate, do so immediately. Lock your home when you leave. If you have time, disconnect utilities and appliances.
How to prepare and save yourself in the event of a flood
1. Be sure to keep calm, quickly judge your surrounding environment, and move to a mountain or a higher place as soon as possible. If you cannot avoid it for a while, you should choose a relatively safe place to avoid floods.
2. Recognize road signs, clear the route and destination of evacuation, and avoid going the wrong way because of panic.
3. Prepare enough fast food or steamed food for several days, and prepare enough drinking water and daily necessities. When the flood arrives, people who cannot be moved in time should be quickly moved to the nearest hillside, upper floors of buildings with solid structures, high ground, and other places.
4. When the flood arrives, the people in the mud house should quickly find some floating materials such as door panels, tables and chairs, wooden beds, and large pieces of foam plastic to tie them into rafts to escape. It is not suitable to swim, and do not climb to the roof. .
5. If you are surrounded by floods, try to get in touch with the local government or department as soon as possible, report your location and danger, and actively seek rescue.
6. Do not swim to escape, do not climb live poles and iron towers, and stay away from inclined poles and broken wires.
7. If you have been involved in the flood, be sure to grab the fixed or floating things as much as possible and look for opportunities to escape.
8. We could prepare a portable power station in case of a power outage. Compared with common power banks, outdoor portable power station products are equipped with higher charge capacity and output power. It is understood that portable power station products can be divided into two categories according to the power of a single machine: one is small, lightweight equipment with a charge of 0.5-1kwh; the other is a device with a charge of 1.5kwh to 2kwh, which can be replaced Previously the fuel generator market.
Vanpowers super power pro is designed with massive capacity, 2096wh which is powered by solar panel, with 2000W output, and 4000W surge capability, it can power devices that typically need up to 3000W thanks to the Amp Up feature. So you can power your laptops, drones, fridges, projectors, microwave, CPAP, coffee maker, or other essentials around the house, even as a backup for your electric vehicle.